The sustainability report demonstrates Nature’s Sunshine’s commitment to harnessing the healing power of nature and leads the company toward a more sustainable future in all sectors of its business. Through industry-leading workplace initiatives and sustainability goals, Nature’s Sunshine continues to transform its business for the next 50 years and beyond.
– Nature’s Sunshine has been dedicated to nature for the past 50 years. We are committed to becoming a force of nature through achieving our environmental, social and governance goals. This inaugural sustainability report allows us to look at the meaningful work we continue to do and find ways to be better in preserving and protecting nature, which is essential to our business as the nutrition supplement company of the future – said Terrence Moorehead, company CEO.
In 2021, Nature’s Sunshine conducted a full environmental footprint assessment and greenhouse gas inventory of the company. These results helped the company to define its 2022 sustainability goals, which include:
- 50% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2025.
- 100% renewable energy at owned manufacturing facilities by 2023.
- 0% waste to landfill at all distribution centers by 2023.
- 35% reduction in waste at owned manufacturing facilities by 2025.
To direct its environmentally conscious efforts, Nature’s Sunshine appointed a Vice President of Global Sustainability and Transparency, Trent McCausland.
– I am honored to help guide Nature’s Sunshine to reach its sustainability goals, as sustainability has always been a passion of mine. There are many ways we can continue integrating more sustainable practices into our sourcing, manufacturing and supply chain processes – comments Trent McCausland.