During the year, the company increased its alignment with relevant reporting frameworks, including the Global Reporting Initiative Standards, the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board Standards and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
A few highlights of the company’s ESG achievements include:
- Implementation of more than $1 million in salary adjustments, including an increase in wages for entry-level employees
- Providing more than 4.5 million meals through the USANA Foundation
- Saving approximately 400,000 pages of paper by switching to a digital holiday gift guide
- Deriving 26% of its energy for the headquarter campus from solar arrays and renewable energy certificates
- Switching plastic bubble to 100% biodegradable fill in U.S. packaging
- Investing $10.6 million in R&D
– This is our second sustainability report, and we are already making substantial improvements over 2020. As I look ahead, I am optimistic about the future. Our strategy to strengthen, diversify and grow our worldwide business is right on track, underpinned by our commitment to advance the ESG (environmental, social and governance) goals set forth by our board of directors – says Kevin Guest, USANA chairman and CEO.
– Our goal is to incorporate best practices across all our operations and markets as we strive to improve communities around the world. I thank all our employees for their hard work and all our stakeholders for their continued support as we work to create the healthiest family on earth – added Kevin Guest.