Young Living has worked to extend its sustainability initiatives to its packaging through a partnership with the Packaging Corporation of America (PCA). PCA is one of the largest producers of corrugated packaging products in North America. The new boxes and bags have also been downsized to fit the contents better, reducing the use of materials needed inside.
Other new features of these shipping boxes are:
- Higher-quality, sturdier boxes designed for recycling. Boxes easily flatten to take up less space in the recycling bin.
- Wood fiber that is sourced responsibly, demonstrated by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Certified Sourcing standard.
- Eco-friendly pillows made from recycled plastic that protect products inside the boxes and easily deflate to further encourage recycling through store take-back programs.
- Nature-inspired designs that double as coloring activities for kids.
– We strive to be stewards of the earth. As the global leader in the essential oils space, we are committed to preserving the environment and making a positive impact in all that we do. We’re excited that together we can amplify our shared commitment to the environment, while providing the high-quality end product that our customers expect from us – says Prasad Gankanda, chief operating officer at Young Living.